While many businesses are interested in the benefits a content management solution (CMS) or a blog can bring to their web presence, many are confused on the types of content to publish and use. Fresh web content is a component of search engine optimization so it is important to brainstorm, plan and execute production of new web content to your site.
Here are just 5 ideas to add fresh content to your website with a CMS or blog:
1. Write a short comparison article on your product or service versus the competition.
2. Produce case studies on clients you have helped. Describe the solution and how it benefits the client.
3. Have some fun. Put together a Dave Letterman type Top 10 list like “The Top 10 Reasons Our Web Geeks Are The Best”. Humor can also educate.
4. Spotlight on an employee. Breakdown their job position, their interests and how what they do is of benefit to the customer / client.
5. Recap a company event, a community event you participated in or a networking event. Add a photo to the recap and show your involvement.
There are just five very basic ideas to add content to your website. These angles not only produce fresh content but will likely contain keyword phrases that are important to your search engine optimization. We often work with a client to develop ideas on building better content on their website and it can take only a few minutes of creativity to develop a list of 40 to 50 ideas.
The goal is to show both users and search engines your website is alive and well, not ignored and out of date.