It’s highly accessible and tempting for anyone to create a Google AdWords account and start spending some money on pay per click search engine advertising. Unfortunately this easy access doesn’t translate to an ease in getting results.
The Details Matter
A successful Google AdWords campaign involves the right research, configuration and tracking to get you anywhere near the perceived pot of gold at the end of this rainbow.
When done right, pay per click marketing produces a marketing formula of sorts, a map of numbers that lets you evaluate the investment it takes to land a conversion. Depending on your business and website, this conversion might be an e-commerce sale, a specific download, visitors to a specific page or just getting users to your website.
While this post is just an overview, the following main items are key to a solid AdWords PPC campaign:
1. Research – You must understand your audience, the keyword terms they will be searching for.
2. Configuration – The correct set-up of an AdWords account, campaigns, settings, budgets and tracking tools are all key elements.
3. Copywriting – What your ad says matters! In many cases you will want to test different ads and text to see what performs best.
4. Landing Pages – The most overlooked item is landing pages. You need to understand that when a user clicks an ad, you have this small window to convert them. Sending your ad link to your home page is not going to cut it, take them right to the conversion point and make it easy for them to buy, download or contact you.
5. Evaluation – The ability to track and review data is one of PPC’s biggest assets. Having Google Analytics and your AdWords configured correctly to track each movement is a must. Without it, your flying blind.
6. Adjustments – The best campaigns are reviewed and assessed weekly and even daily. Just setting it up and letting it run is a bad idea. You want evaluate and make decsions on the right adjustments to find your strongest results.
We hope this quick overview is helpful. If you have been wanting to explore Google AdWords or have tried it the wrong way in the past, Five Technology is here to help you with the right strategy to get results. Give us a holler!